NATIONALLY CERTIFIED & LICENSED ACUPUNCTURIST
Tanya Mei-Tai Coon
Tanya Mei-Tai Coon
B.S., M.O.M., LAc, Dipl.Ac.
Tanya has been offering healing work for over 30 years. She offers an effective gentle needling approach to her patients and has developed her own methods over the years. She incorporates various modalities: auricular therapy, moxabustion, far-infrared, energetic grounding, toning, medical qigong, distance acupuncture and ties it all together with her compassionate and intuitive approach to healing of the mind, body and spirit. Tanya currently offers acupuncture sessions in person and sessions via phone.
Tanya created the Qigong Awareness Certification Program in 2017. Our certification programs to become Qigong Instructors and Medical Qigong Practitioners has graduated several successful Certified Qigong Instructors across the country. These Qigong instructors are offering weekly Qigong classes that bring the healing power of Qigong to their local communities.
In 2020 Tanya created a 2 unit Distance Acupuncture & Treating Needle Sensitive Patients Online Course for Acupuncturists.
Tanya enjoys sharing delicious Asian meals with her family and friends. She also enjoys making drip castles and swimming in the ocean with her daughter. Tanya and David quite literally take their daughter’s homeschooling on the road as they travel around the country! Their daughter Bella is often seen cartwheeling down the halls or assisting with a Medical Qigong Healing.
Qigong Awareness Intensives are
Certified Through These Organizations
CEU Units for Acupuncturists & Massage Therapists
- NCCAOM* - National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine - NCCAOM Provider #507
- CA Acupuncture Board** - California Acupuncture Board - CA Provider #1156
- NCALB - North Carolina Approved for Acupuncture through NCCAOM reciprocity
- CE Broker - Florida & Georgia Acupuncture Board - CE Broker #50-18015
- Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners - Provider #CAE00022
- CTCMA BC – College of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture for British Columbia through NCCAOM reciprocity
- CAAA Alberta – College and Association of Acupuncturists in Alberta Canada through NCCAOM reciprocity
- Acupuncture Council of Ireland – through NCCAOM reciprocity
- NC, SC, CA, IL, NJ, ND, Approved for Massage Therapy*** through NCCAOM
*NCCAOM is the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine. We here at Qigong Awareness offer 15 PDA Points approved by NCCAOM in Core Competency in the AOM-OM Category.
**CALIFORNIA ACUPUNCTURE BOARD. Qigong Awareness currently offers online and live continuing education units that meet the California Acupuncture Board Category 1 Requirements. Every two years California Acupuncturists are required to have 50 continuing education units for license renewal. The majority of the continuing education units must be taken in Category 1. Only 5 units may be in Category 2.
***Massage Therapists! Depending on which state you reside in the NCCAOM approval actually gives many states approval for their Massage License Renewal. Check with your local state Massage Licensing Board for reciprocity with NCCAOM.
Medical Qigong, Acupuncture and Intuitive Healing are forms of alternative medicine and are not a replacement for Western Medical Treatment. We do not diagnose or treat health conditions. We rather support the body's ability to heal itself. Please consult your physician regarding any health conditions.