OVER 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
David J Coon
David J. Coon
Medical QiGong Master
When David was fifteen years old he was diagnosed with a severe spinal disease and told that he would be crippled by the time he was thirty years old. Unwilling to accept this fate, David began intensively studying Oriental Medicine, Medical Qigong, Martial Arts, and Meditation.
David learned how to cultivate and direct the energetic life force called Chi in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Through Qigong practice, David healed his spinal disease completely! David also found that his mood, his attitude, his outlook on life, and his intuition had all increased exponentially. He was drawn to teaching and sharing these healing practices and spiritual counsel with others.
David also has a vast Martial Arts background with Black Belts in Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Kenpo Karate. He has been an Instructor of Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts. He has also studied Japanese Ju Jitsu, Kung Fu, Small Circle Ju Jitsu, Aikido, Chen Style Tai Chi, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Pen Jak Silat, Kendo, and more…
David’s Qigong Practices are underpinned by his Psychology degree from the University of Connecticut and three years of experience as a Professional Counselor in Louisville, Colorado. He also spent three years at the University of Colorado studying Molecular and Cellular Biology to better understand the inner workings of the body on a cellular and biochemical level.
David began in 2007 offering continuing education workshops to Acupuncturists through the NCCAOM, the governing body for Acupuncture in the United States.
Qigong Awareness Intensives are
Certified Through These Organizations
CEU Units for Acupuncturists & Massage Therapists
- NCCAOM* - National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine - NCCAOM Provider #507
- CA Acupuncture Board** - California Acupuncture Board - CA Provider #1156
- NCALB - North Carolina Approved for Acupuncture through NCCAOM reciprocity
- CE Broker - Florida & Georgia Acupuncture Board - CE Broker #50-18015
- Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners - Provider #CAE00022
- CTCMA BC – College of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture for British Columbia through NCCAOM reciprocity
- CAAA Alberta – College and Association of Acupuncturists in Alberta Canada through NCCAOM reciprocity
- Acupuncture Council of Ireland – through NCCAOM reciprocity
- NC, SC, CA, IL, NJ, ND, Approved for Massage Therapy*** through NCCAOM
*NCCAOM is the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine. We here at Qigong Awareness offer 15 PDA Points approved by NCCAOM in Core Competency in the AOM-OM Category.
**CALIFORNIA ACUPUNCTURE BOARD. Qigong Awareness currently offers online and live continuing education units that meet the California Acupuncture Board Category 1 Requirements. Every two years California Acupuncturists are required to have 50 continuing education units for license renewal. The majority of the continuing education units must be taken in Category 1. Only 5 units may be in Category 2.
***Massage Therapists! Depending on which state you reside in the NCCAOM approval actually gives many states approval for their Massage License Renewal. Check with your local state Massage Licensing Board for reciprocity with NCCAOM.
Medical Qigong is a form of alternative medicine and is in no way a replacement for Western Medical Treatment. We do not diagnose or treat health conditions. We rather support the body's ability to heal itself. Please consult your physician regarding any health conditions.